Summarizing a column in a report is only giving me a sum of half the data

I built a report from two separate sheets using a row report. I intend to add onto this weekly. When I try to total the sum of one column it's only giving me the value of half of the data.

It's only giving me the total amount from the bottom half. Is there another way to group this information?

In both sheets I've named the columns the same thing and they are formatted the same way as just text. There isn't anything fancy about them. I'm going to group the report by the week of the year so I know how many hours were used that week.

I

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

How is that column being populated in each of the sheets?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome It's just text that I'm entering. It's not a formula on either sheet.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you inserted the Sheet Name column into the report to see if the report is excluding one sheet or the other or if it is just certain rows from both sheets? I just added up the numbers in the blue highlights you have in your screenshot, and that total came up to 119.25. Without seeing more of the report and both of the sheets it is hard to try to find some consistency.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭

@Paul Newcome

The 87.25 is the total sum of the Hours Used that I highlighted in green not the hours plus that sum. It should have totaled the hours for everything in that column which would have been 304.25 hours.

I am not able to show more of the report because it includes some proprietary information. However, after yet another browser page refresh (not just a report refresh) it's correctly reflecting the total. I didn't change anything in the report at all so I do not know why it is displaying now when it wasn't before.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad it is working for you now. Sounds like there was a little bit of a bug in the system for a minute.

What I meant in my last post was that the highlighted hours added up to 119.25 and not the 87.25 that you had highlighted, but it looks like that may have been a bit of an accident based on your latest screenshot.

10xViz.com