Need Confirmation or Correction - Do I understand this correctly.
- I created a primary sheet holding unique project information in each row.
- I then created Summary fields for this sheet data (e.g. Total # of Projects, Submitted Projects, Projects Waiting for Approval, Projects In Process, etc.).
- I then created Reports for each of those summary fields off the main sheet.
- I then created a Dashboard with widgets for each field and connected them to the corresponding dashboard widget & linked the corresponding report to that widget.
Comment: Pretty straight forward.
Problem: However, if I'd like to duplicate the same by Dept:
- I'd had to duplicate all this work.
- Then if I'd like to do the same for each Team within a Dept I again would have to duplicate this work.
- Finally, if the organization structure changes OR I make an enhancement to a Dashboard I'd then have to go and replicate those changes for each Department and Team I created.
Question: Is this correct or am I missing something?
Comment: It would be great to create a single dashboard with supporting summary fields and reports and then just filter / set context (e.g. All, select Dept, select Team) to see the values. This approach/design isn't very scalable or easily maintained.