Automated Email 2 days after a date if no attachment

Options

Hi There,

I have a fair bit of automation setup in my workspace for all the relevant rollout / install sheets to do multiple things including:

1. Send reminders 1 and 3 days prior to ensure the store/retailer is aware and the space is clear
  2. Reminder on day of install at 5pm to ensure an attachment of the evidence of install is uploaded.

What i need to work out is how to automate a reminder email sent to the relevant people (a PIC column) to upload an attachment if 3 criteria is met:

1. Date is 2 days past the "DATE" column
  2. Completed is 'CHECKED" (optional, good to have but not needed for the formula)
  3. No attachment has been uploaded yet.

For compliancy we need the evidence logged within 48 hours and at the moment im emailing everyone manually. When doing near 50 installs a day this get a bit tiresome.

Is there a simple way in the automated area that this can be achieved?

An idea of the bottom row of the image below. Its not 5 days past the date, completed has been checked but not upload attached.

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi James,

It is a good question, however, at the moment, you can only have attachments as a trigger to start a workflow (i.e., attachment added or attachment changed) rather than using it in a condition to route your workflow. You can have a column to confirm that an attachment has been added to remind people to attach a document. If you're using a form to capture the data, you can make the attachment a mandatory field to ensure you do get an attachment each time.

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

• James Brown
    Options

Thanks Aravind, had a feeling it would be that answer.

To your point a workaround would be to have a tickbox only i can access which once i do that and hit save it does the bulk email immediately. Still a bit manual but faster.

We dont really use forms as i set the rows, and the 'field team / installers' edit them post install.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @James Brown

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Aravind's excellent advice/answer.

You could have a workflow check the box or similar to indicate when an attachment has been added.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!