Include an Attachment to Update Requests

I have created a Credit Application process using a Smartsheet Form to gather data from prospective customers seeking credit with our company. I have set up automatic updates to be requested from an applicant's references and internal requests to follow up if the references don't reply in a timely manner, and I created a Document to summarize all of the information necessary for the decision makers to see in a single sheet everything they need to make a decision to grant or deny terms to the customer.

The document is automatically created when the data collection is complete and I want to send an approval request with that document attached to the email. I assumed this would be possible since an attachment can be sent from the worksheet, but I don't see any way to do this through automation.

Am I missing something? Or does someone have a good work around?

Thanks,

Paul

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PaulPerger

I hope you're well and safe!

If you have the creation of the document be the trigger for the approval request, it can be included.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PaulPerger
    PaulPerger ✭✭✭✭

I saw that. However, that document contains information an approver needs to complete the approval process.

So, ideally, I would like to send an Approval Request with the attachment for ease of use to the person receiving the Approval Request.

While your solution works, it requires two emails, one with the form and a separate approval request... Again, not a big deal until I get three or more requests in one day and then the approver has to figure out which form goes with which approval request.

It is probably what I will have to do as a work around if I want to use automation, otherwise, I'll have to have a staff member handle each of these manually.

Thanks...