How can I prevent automation workflows being triggered before I save changes to sheet?

We use SmartSheet for project scheduling. As we make changes to finish dates, duration etc,, the automated workflows are triggered and send emails before we save our changes.

Is that a way to prevent automation from being triggered until the sheet changes are saved?

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can deactivate the workflows until you are ready. Just to go Manage Workflows then select Deactivate from the kebab menu (three vertical dots) against the workflow that isn't the one you want to use just yet...

Does this help?

Kind regards

Debbie

PS - I am quite surprised that they are firing before saving, this isn't something that is usual. The Save command is sometimes triggered by a change in view, ie, if you go into the Forms menu, or the Automation menu. Some users have autosaving set when they leave the sheet or change tabs, the system saves for them. It might be that they are only triggering on Save, but deactivating them until you are ready, will help...

• TAP
    TAP ✭✭✭

Thanks Debbie,

I too, am surprised that workflows are triggered before the save. It is very annoying! Deactivating workflows is not practical because there are too many of them.