Restore previous version

Alexis Bianca Cano
Alexis Bianca Cano ✭✭✭
edited 07/11/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I work at a large company that uses smartsheets. I requested ownership of a smartsheet from another team and before the owner passed it along to me, she deleted all the headers, automations, and content of the sheet and passed along a shell of a sheet. I need all of that information back so I don't have to build the sheet from scratch as most of it was going to be applicable to my purpose for the sheet. Is there any way to restore to a version of the sheet that is from last week?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you look through the Activity Log, you should be able to "request a snapshot" which should send you an excel doc with the data. The activity log should also be able to tell you what formulas were where and column names, but automations are going to be limited for info.

Are you able to ask your coworker if maybe they saved a copy for themselves?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Alexis Bianca Cano
    Alexis Bianca Cano ✭✭✭
    edited 07/10/23

They archived the sheet, and they did provide me with access to the archive, but they archived it in a way that did not save the intake form, or the automations so there is nothing there for me to "retrieve" other than the headers. It was the automations and the intake form that really had what I needed. That is where the hours of work come in when building a sheet like this.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Unfortunately it sounds like a bit of work. In the meantime, feel free to browse the Product Ideas tab to see if there has already been an an enhancement request submitted to be able to call back everything including automations and forms. If someone has already submitted it, you can add your vote. If no one has, then you can submit the idea which would allow others to add their votes. If you include a link here to the Idea, I'd be happy to add my vote as well. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• I hope this link comes through properly Paul. I found this after I posted my question. https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/92559/version-control-backups-that-maintain-cell-links/p1

It looks like people have upvoted this and Smartsheets is aware of the request an has been for almost a year. I still don't see any evidence of an improvement coming out, but hopefully you can help me spread this far and wide. I am shocked that this isn't available.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately it isn't even in the top 20 yet. The developers grab only the top few every so often and work on those. I can't remember how many or how frequently, but I do know they go by the top voted. Hopefully more people will continue to vote on it to push it closer to the top.

10xViz.com