Control Center

Options

How does the intake form get populated into the master summary sheet? Mine is not working and don't know if I did something wrong.

Answers

• Ayelet Weiner
    Ayelet Weiner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@sanchezf I'm going to assume you're question has to do with getting project data that lives on your intake sheet to show up on your Summary sheet. In order to route the intake information to your summary sheet, the first step you'll take is in Smartsheet and the second is in Control Center.

1. Do you have a Summary section on one of your sheets in your blueprint template folder? If you do, list the fields (one per row) you want to route from your intake sheet to your summary sheet. Keep in mind that if you have a contact, date or symbol value, you'll want to add that column type to the sheet that has your summary section. Make sure the field spelling matches the field on your intake sheet.
    2. Login into Control Center and edit your blueprint. Under the Profile Data selection screen of the configuration, you should now see the fields you listed in your summary section within your template.
    3. The next step in the configuration is to customize the profile data. Under the advanced options you can specify the profile data behavior. For any static information, you'll want to select One Time Write, for information that might be updated regularly, you'll want to select Cell Link so that information will be kept in sync between your intake sheet and your summary sheet. Additionally, if you have a date value, contact value, or something other than text/num value, you'll want to select the column name (of the template sheet where the summary section is) for where that information should populate. i.e. if you have a date value from your intake sheet, you'll want to configure that field so it's value is populated on a date column type. The default is text/num.
    4. Blueprint Summary - This is where you should see your current summary sheet. You should see the new fields listed as an option, all you have to do is check the box next to the field and Control Center will automatically add these fields to your summary sheet. If it's a value other than text/num, go into your summary sheet and update the column type to match the data type of the information.

Here are a few articles I recommend reading to get a better understanding of Smartsheet Control Center:

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

Only profile data that you specify will get populated in the summary sheet.

Based on fields checked in this step of the blueprint builder under Summary Data Fields

• Brooke Y
    Brooke Y ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @sanchezf to add on to the great answers above, it depends on which Summary you are looking to add data to. If you are looking to add to a Summary sheet, make sure you have your Summary sheet created and follow Samuel's advice above.

If you are referring to the Summary information on the plans or documents created, then make sure Summary is a Parent in your row with the fields you want as children under it (indented) [Task Name column in example]. The Control Center looks for the Summary word and underlying behavior. The column to the Right of this is where the information will populate [Description column in example].

You can a metadata sheet to house your summary information, which I recommend, to connect Summary info from more than one sheet.