Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Auto populate worksheet through hyperlinks built with web forms

L_123
L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

My objective right now is optimizing my worksheets to have as little human interaction as possible beyond entering inputs. To that end I have users input their data through web forms to populate my sheets. My issue is that I cannot generate hyperlinks automatically on the new rows created by the web-form. I have to manually go in and insert them. Also I cannot generate new rows on more than one sheet with a web form (both are highly dependent I suppose.) Are there any workarounds to this currently? Is this another feature that could be added in the future? (I can't use google sheets most similar programs, my companies IT/security policies prevent that, we have been approved for Smartsheet and that is it so far)

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Luke 

to clarify your requirements? 

What are the hyperlinks for? How are they generated by hand? 

Why are you wanting to duplicate data? Are you wanting different people to act on the new Rows/ tasks? If so a selection of Reports would re-use the same data, so retaining one version only? 

If you can explain more, it may help to get a clearer answer? 

Regards

RichardR

• L_123
    L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My issue is I don't know how to generate the hyperlinks other than by hand. The information is added via web form, so a new row is added every time information is added. I want to be able to automatically hyperlink the new data to other sheets without manually going in and adding the hyperlinks. This way I can get all of the data I need from the one user in a single web form, and then flush it out into the sheets that need each bit of information without having to go back to the main sheet and create hyperlinks every time data is added.

This discussion has been closed.