Return checkbox column to initial state after project scoping is complete

Options

I'm trying to figure out if/how I can return a checkbox column to it's original state once a user has completed scoping a project. I've tried just about everything and keep running into roadblocks given my level of Smartsheet knowledge.

For context: I've created a project scoping sheet that contains rows for all deliverables my team creates and columns for our three project tiers. Some deliverables are included in all tiers, while others would only be included in Tier 1, or may be greater in number in Tier 1 than they are in Tier 2, for example. The sheet also has columns for each role on our team that contain the estimated hours that role contributes to each deliverable (by row). I've created checkbox columns for project Tiers 1, 2, and 3 that are pre-populated with the deliverables normally associated with that project. PMs can check/uncheck boxes within the Project Tier columns to autocalculate their hours estimates.

What I'd like to do is provide them a way to return the project tier checkbox columns (Tier 1 in the screenshot above) to their original state with the appropriate deliverable boxes checked or unchecked based on our defined template. Does anyone have an idea as to how I might accomplish this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @gordyseeley

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a so-called helper column and maybe use a checkbox in the Summary section to indicate that you want to reset it to its original state. It would check the boxes as needed.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!