How to retrieve the username of the person filling out a form?

Hello,

I'm currently learning to use Smartsheet and its features at my job. I'd like to know if it's possible to automatically retrieve the username of the person filling out the form in Smartsheet? I tried using the 'Created By' column, but it refers to "web-form@smartsheet.com" when a new row is generated after form completion. I only see my username when I manually fill out a row without using the form.

Is there a way to bypass this?

I believe we have an enterprise license, but I haven't received confirmation yet. Also, we have all the employees listed in the "contact list".

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @SamLam,

That depands on who needs to use the form, if you only need people with an account to use the form than in the form settings you can change to 'Restrict form access....'

Then, add a coulmn 'created by' and it will capture the email of the person who filled up the form.

If you need people outside your organization to use the form, I can recommend using Dynamic View for submiting the forms and then you can recored any user.

Let me know if that helps!

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• SamLam
    SamLam ✭✭

Thanks a lot Itai, it does work now :)