Dashboard Widgets Not Moving and Dashboard Freezing

Yvette Moreland
Yvette Moreland ✭✭✭✭
edited 07/21/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I am using a dashboard and the widgets will not move. It might move a tiny bit, but then the dashboard freezes and I cannot save and it takes several minutes to refresh. Both the owner of the dashboard and I have the same issue for two days. Tried: via the web and the desktop app; disabling extensions; log out; restart. I have had this with other dashboards, but typically exiting the dashboard and going back in resolves it. Not the case here. I'm out of ideas.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI @Yvette Moreland

I've had it where I can't click on just one widget. Any click selects them all and they act like they'll move only 2 blocks but they bounce back to the original location. It's super rare and not exactly your situation but maybe in the same ballpark. I found that setting my browser zoom level to another % helps. I can't remember if I close the tab and then change the view % but I'm pretty sure that's helped me in the past. Maybe play around with that see if it helps. I'm on a PC and I hold CRTL and the plus or minus key to zoom in and out on the browser.

If that doesn't help, and you have large data sets, then consider looking at what might be slowing this down overall. Are you using column formulas wherever possible, are you pushing cell link limits, are your reports pulling from more that 1500 sheets? I don't think that would affect just 1 dashboard but maybe its worth looking at.

Good luck!

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner