Adding name to automated workflow message

I created a workflow that notifies an individual when his/her license is about to expire. There is a notification that goes out at 30 days that also notifies the individual's manager. The workflow runs fine, however, there is no way for the manager to tell which one of his/her staff the message was intended for AND in some cases if the manager is also licensed, that cannot tell if it was intended for them. :-(

Is there a way for me to add the name of the primary (intended) recipient to the body of the message so that it is more clear to the recipients?

As always thanks for your valuable assistance. I LOVE this forum!

Jacqui

Best Answer

• KateP721
    KateP721 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the subject and/or body of any notification, you can add data from the row itself using double-curly brackets and the column name. So this might mean your message looks something like this:

The following individual's license expires in 30 days:

{{Contact Name}} (where "contact name" is the name of your column with the person's name in it)

This merges information from the row into the body of the email notification. See screenshot for alert notification - CUSTOMIZE MESSAGE, and the instructions embedded in Smartsheet that outline how to use this feature.

Answers

• KateP721
    KateP721 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

In the subject and/or body of any notification, you can add data from the row itself using double-curly brackets and the column name. So this might mean your message looks something like this:

The following individual's license expires in 30 days:

{{Contact Name}} (where "contact name" is the name of your column with the person's name in it)

This merges information from the row into the body of the email notification. See screenshot for alert notification - CUSTOMIZE MESSAGE, and the instructions embedded in Smartsheet that outline how to use this feature.

• Wonderful!!!

Thanks for the quick response. Enjoy your day.

Jacqui