"The form you are attempting to access is no longer active."

I have 2 forms for my 2 primary Smartsheets that I depend on and use regularly. All of a sudden both sheets are not working and returning this message "The form you are attempting to access is no longer active." I've gone gone into settings to flip the "active"/"inactive toggle. tried resending the link to myself. But it keeps saying its inactive on both sheets.

1)this happening to anyone else?

2) can it be fixed or do i have to make myself a whole new form ?

3) is this a thing that may happen again ?

thanks for your help!

Tags:

Answers

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭

... these forms have worked well for years but now its completely crashed the usability of my Smartsheet's

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/26/23

Does the toggle show as "active"? Or are you flipping it back to active just to find it inactive when you re-check?

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭

It says active for both when I open up the forms. I only switched it off and then back on to maybe reset it or something. I disactivated it, saved and refreshed the sheet and then turned it back to "active" saved and refreshed again. no change in the result

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. Good to know.

Have you tried re-copying the URL? Not that it's likely to have changed, but just a thought in case it did at some point.

I would try that.

I would also try duplicating the Form, and seeing if the new one does the same. You can always delete it after testing.

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭

hey thanks for the help

I did try to recopy the link... to no avail.

also, when i duplicate and open the form both the duplicate and the new one return the same error message

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭

I also just created a brand new test form and activated it to see ... same result

It seems that all forms new and old are not working for me whether in links or opened right from the sheet.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

One other thing I would try is creating a new blank grid and adding a form to it. Nothing fancy, just default settings. See if that works. If that works, I would lean towards thinking there's something corrupt within your existing sheet. If it doesn't work on a new sheet and form, I would think there's something wrong with your account or globally within Smartsheet. I've done some testing with Forms over the last couple days and haven't had any problems, but if the problem is intermittent then I may not have experienced it anyway.

You can always, if your plan includes access, contact Support for further help Smartsheet Support Portal.

Keep us/me posted! You've got me intrigued!

All the best,

-Ray

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/27/23

Ok it did let me create a new form from the new blank test Smartsheet I opened but it still wont open my old forms.

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭

How do I un-corrupt my smart sheets? hopefully I can get them to work again 😕

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You cannot un-corrupt a file. Sometimes it's possible, but it would be something Smartsheet would have to do. I don't know that your file is in fact corrupt. It's just a guess based off the behavior and my personal experience supporting systems.

Your next step is to contact Smartsheet Support.

I hope you can get them to work again too. 🤞

• Dell55
    Dell55 ✭✭✭✭

it looks like my company canceled the Smartsheet license program for the office and i didn't know.

this is bad news cause we still need all that data. do you know if there is a any process to gain temporary access to a Smartsheet license?

Dell

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

If you haven’t already, I recommend submitting a support ticket through the new Smartsheet Support Portal.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Wow!

Coincidence? Did any of your deactivated forms happen to be embedded in a dashboard. We have two that went down suddenly today and the link takes you to a Smartsheet website advertising their wares.

I"d hate to think that the recent sales pitch resulted in a strategic deactivation.

Anyone else experiencing this?