Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allow Manual Adjustment of Row Height

Options

Excel has this functionality and it is invaluable for managing the display of data in sheets.

Just because I have a lot of narrative information in a cell does not mean I want to have it all visible all the time when in the sheet. Often it is more valuable to see more rows than to see all the information in a cell at the expense of different rows. (Turning off text wrapping, and widening or hiding the column are not sufficient answers.)

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Sug.bhar
    Options

Hi, do we know how to adjust row height?

• Pat Canning
    Pat Canning ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The same way Excel does, either by dragging it to the desired height or specifying a numeric value.

• BSekowski
    Options

I have seen multiple posts over a few years asking how to adjust row height, but no viable workaround or no indication that Smartsheet is planning to add it as a feature in a future release. This is a simple function. Column width can be easily adjusted, why not row height? I have rows with multiple comments that need to be tracked, but having the entire comment history displayed in a row makes the Smartsheet difficult to read and requires extensive scrolling just to navigate up and down in the Smartsheet.