Automation setting is NOT showing AM/PM in trigger

Options
Vivien Chong
Vivien Chong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/07/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have some users from the same Smartsheet account who informed that when they are trying to set up the recurring automation, there is no AM/PM to choose from. Not sure if only a few or all of them. Refer this image:

When I try to do the same, I am able to do so (I am in different Smartsheet Account).

Anyone encountered this issue before? How did you resolve it?

Tags:

Answers

• Elo
    Elo ✭✭
    Options

Hi

How do i configure to show AM / PM, under Automation - Managed Workflow.

Mine is not showing AM / PM.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Vivien Chong and @Elo

It looks like both of you are experiencing the same thing at the same time. I've adjusted my personal settings to be Asia/Kuala Lumpur (GMT + 8) but I'm still able to see AM / PM in a time based workflow.

Can you clarify the following details:

• What browser type and version are you using?
    • Does using an Incognito window or other type of browser resolve the issue?
    • Do you have any extensions on your browser that could be interfering with the dropdown?

Would you also mind testing the Timezone in your personal settings to see if changing to a different timezone shows the AM/PM? This will help us isolate if the issue is specific just to one timezone setting or not.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Elo
    Elo ✭✭
    Options
    • What browser type and version are you using? Microsoft Edge
    • Does using an Incognito window or other type of browser resolve the issue? No. Normal browser.
    • Do you have any extensions on your browser that could be interfering with the dropdown? No.

Microsoft Edge

Version 115.0.1901.188 (Official build) (64-bit)

Other team members using the same version. And we changed, but they got PM/AM.

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Elo

Thanks for checking these details! A few more troubleshooting steps to try:

• Is this specific to just one workflow or do you see the same thing when you create a New workflow on the same sheet?
    • Is this specific to just one sheet or do you see the same thing across all sheets?
    • What sharing permission do you have on those sheets?
  • Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is it possible you have 24 hour times? Is there (for example) a 13 in the selection list instead of 1:00pm?

• Vivien Chong
    Vivien Chong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. is it unusual for the time to not showing AM/PM as per the photo shown? Is it faster to resolve the issue by reaching out to Smartsheet Support?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Vivien Chong & @Elo

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share a screenshot of your Time Zone in Personal Settings?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Vivien Chong
    Vivien Chong ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå my timezone setting is Asia/Kuala Lumpur (GMT +8). I do not face the issue.

But other users with the same timezone is asking why they do not have the AM/PM indicator.

From @Elo screenshot, seems like he's in Asia/Kuala Lumpur timezone as well.

I tried to change mine to other timezone and I am still able to see the AM/PM in trigger.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Vivien Chong

Aha! Yes, that is strange!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Elo
    Elo ✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve P.

Thanks for your reply.

• Is this specific to just one workflow or do you see the same thing when you create a New workflow on the same sheet? No. Applies to all.
    • Is this specific to just one sheet or do you see the same thing across all sheets? Applies to all.
    • What sharing permission do you have on those sheets? I created it as licencee.

• Elo
    Elo ✭✭
    Options

Hi

Paul Newcome

Thank you for your question. I am not able to have 24 hrs. But my peers can.

• Elo
    Elo ✭✭
    Options

My screen shot as above. Select Malaysia and not Singapore as earlier all my budgets in SGD.

• Elo
    Elo ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mr Andrée Starå

Thanks for your concern. Hope i answer your question.  

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Elo

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Strange! I'll wait for @Genevieve P. to hear if she knows what's happening.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi all,

I agree that this is odd and I cannot find a common cause between the two instances.

Yes, @Vivien Chong, at this point I would reach out to Support. They'll want to know all the same information that was posted here: what troubleshooting steps you've tried (specifically browser testing since we can't replicate it). They'll also need the email addresses of the users that are being affected so we can look in the back end of those specific accounts to find the common thread.

@Elo Thank you for all the additional information! As with @Vivien Chong, please do open a Support Ticket with all of those same details (that you tried new sheets / workflows and it happens on all of them).

Here's the link to the Support Portal.

Cheers,

Genevieve