Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Sheet Summary in Control Center Global Updates

Options
SPIPMO
SPIPMO âś­âś­âś­âś­

It would greatly enhance the functionality of the Control Center if the Sheet Summary could be incorporated into the Global Updates feature. In contrast to utilizing a "Metadata" sheet in the Project Blueprint, I've opted for the more convenient Sheet Summary to store essential metrics.

While the metadata approach can be cumbersome for referencing metrics, the Sheet Summary offers a more streamlined way to access these metrics. Given the presence of 18 sheets in the project blueprint, I've chosen to employ the Sheet Summary for linking data instead of relying on metadata. However, managing modifications or additions to fields within the Sheet Summary can be a bit cumbersome since it's currently not integrated into the Control Center's global updates.

I'm hopeful that in the future, the Sheet Summary can be seamlessly incorporated into the Control Center's global updates functionality. This would significantly improve efficiency when managing changes to metrics and data fields.

12 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

This is an important need. In short, I have no choice but to use Sheet Summery to leverage a column formula at the row level. Today I can add a column but if I need to reference data in the sheet summary I can not use Global update unless I go to 500+ projects and add the Sheet summary I need in order to add the column etc.

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."