Pulling report data from a folder of sheets

DanR
DanR ✭✭✭✭

I have several reports that need to pull data from multiple sheets. Those multiple sheets represent current projects. When choosing the sheets from which to pull data, I enter a checkmark for the entire folder, with the understanding that any new sheet I add to that folder will then be included in the reports. But when I put a new sheet in the folder, this doesn't happen. The sheets previously included in the reports remain checked, but the folder becomes unchecked.

Why is this happening? Is it by design? I was hoping to avoid having to open all my reports to add each new project sheet to the reports. This leaves an opportunity for errors and omissions.

Original sheet selection:

After new sheet is added to the folder:

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @DanR

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it only works with Workspaces and if you have the Premium App, Control Center, and using Dynamic Reporting.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• DanR
    DanR ✭✭✭✭

HI @Andrée Starå Thanks for the quick response. It sounds like what you're saying is I can put all the sheets in their own workspace, and then program the report to include everything in the workspace. Is that correct? If so, that's an easy solution. We don't have Control Center yet, so I expect Dynamic Reporting is not possible. I'm not sure what the premium app is. We have Dynamic View, though, but I don't see how that would help.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@DanR

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Yes, exactly, and it could also be multiple Workspaces. What I usually do in my client solutions is that I filter the report on the sheet name.

Control Center is Smartsheet's most magic add-on.

More info: 

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• DanR
    DanR ✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå 

I'd like to revisit this discussion. I think I may have misunderstood your answer from 8/10. Will your solution only work if we have Control Center? I recently went back to check the reports I set up months ago and I see they are still not reading from new sheets added to the Workspace. Please clarify.

• I am having the same problem as DanR here. Our account also does not have Control Center or dynamic view. Are both of these options required to be able to have a report update automatically from a workspace?