How do I append a completed docusign workflow?

Options

We have a form for procurement where the requestor fills out a form for special procurement requests, it goes to docusign for signature, then goes to their director, and the completed form gets attached to the row. I want to be able to add a buyer's email to the buyer email column after the fact, and then the row attachment gets sent to the buyer for them to fill out a few fields and sign-off. It would then attach a new document (or replace the old one) to the row. The issue we have is that we dont know who the buyer will be solely based off the request, so we have to assign it after the fact. Ideally the completed form would already be attached to the row for easier review. Does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @brendan_mantey

I hope you're well and safe!

Here are some ideas!

You could use the Proofing feature, copy the row, have a Workflow trigger the sending of the document, or have another DocuSign workflow.

Would any of those options work/help=

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• brendan_mantey
    edited 08/10/23
    Options

Thanks for your response!

I don't think a proof would work for this. I am fine with creating another workflow with docusign, I just dont know how to automate the workflow once an email is added and use the attached signed form on the row. The only way I know how to do that is to save the pdf, create a signing template in docusign, and have the buyer upload the form to docusign.

Do you know of any way to do that process automatically?