Can you update form responses once it is submitted?

I am trying to see if my teammates are able to update their responses in forms once it is submitted? The reason being, they will get a request from the TL to report on quarterly updates. Once filled out, they will also validate that info with sponsor and update accordingly. We are simply utilizing Smartsheet to view the history of QBR's.

Tags:

Answers

• Darren Mullen
    Darren Mullen ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@alamn Some options that come to mind:

1. If you have access to Dynamic View, this may work for your needs as you can create a form view in the details pane and enforce required fields and such.
    2. Use an update request
    3. Use an external tool like Appsheet. If your organization uses Google Workspace, you should now have this available to you at no extra cost. See my post here for more information.
  • m.loeffler
    m.loeffler ✭✭✭

I added an automation to return a link to person for updates in case they start to fill it out and don't have all the information. I have a column in the sheet for "Hold/Submit" and use the Hold to trigger the automation to send them back a "Requests an Update". You can set it with options for different submissions, Draft1, Draft2..... and a final submit choice.