Change 'Status' Column based on date past

Options

Hello,

I've searched for this a few times but cannot find a solution that fits what I require.

I am trying to update a status column to show 'Being Reconciled' when a date column is in the past.

The automation feature doesn't seem to work unless rows are being manually changed.

I've created a helper (=IF(TODAY() > [Departure Date]@row, "Event Past")) and set an automation to change the 'Status' when the helper column changes to 'Event Past' but same problem, it doesn't seem to update unless I change a row.

Some previous suggestions involve creating a nested if formula for this column but I need the column to be editable so some status's require a manual update.

Is there any way round to make this possible?

Many thanks for your help.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Set up your automation to be triggered daily and include a condition of that date being in the past.

• Kaveri Vipat
    Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/16/23
    Options

Hi justdan2, 

I have created a helper column and applied your formula “=IF([Departure Date]@row < TODAY(), "Event Past", "")” and also set an automation to change the status when the helper column changes to ‘Event Past’, so my formula and automation are working, please try the formula and automation. 

=IF([Departure Date]@row < TODAY(), "Event Past", "") 

Hope it will work for you. 

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"