Workflows are unreliable. Anyone else having that problem?

I've had workflows that worked fine for almost a year. Now they fail. The workflow will move rows to another sheet at 4 am. Plus, I have a manual version of the same workflow. For a while it would work if I changed under 30 rows, but fail if I changed more than 30 rows. Then it was 20, then it was 1 (I could change one row the workflow would trigger). Now it doesn't work at all. Previously I had problems with workflows not sending emails so I switched to a Power Automate workflow that works flawlessly. Moving rows should be a core Smartsheet Automation functionality so I'd hate to have to spend more time to write another Power Automate workflow because Smartsheet can't fix their workflow engine. Anyone else having this problem with workflows?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't be surprised if the number of copy and move row automations I have set up is well over 100, and the total number of automations including alerts for emails to be sent out is... Well it's a lot. I have experienced very few issues here and there, but they were always for a short period of time and because of a temporary SS wide bug that SS was able to correct pretty quickly.

It sounds to me like you are going to need to reach out to Support because what you are describing is neither expected nor "normal" functionality.