Formula to generate date 1 year from today?

Options

I am trying to figure out a formula that will generate a date that is 1 year from today.

For example, if we have a contract that requires 12 months of notice to cancel, and I have a column to track the Earliest Possible Termination Date, I want that column to tell me the date that is 1 year out, or 365 days after today.

Tags:

Answers

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Haley Lavender,

I would suggest using a column that has the contract start date and use that static date to determine 1 year later. There is a TODAY() formula that can be used but it will continually change your value as "today" changes.

So, the Earliest Possible Termination Date column could use the following column formula.

=[Contract Start Date]@row + 365

Hope this helps,

Dave

• Haley Lavender
    Options

Hi @DKazatsky2, thank you for your response! I am very interested in learning the TODAY() formula that will continually change value as "today" changes -- that's actually what I'm needing to accomplish in my sheet. Could you please share how you'd use that formula?

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Haley Lavender ,

All you need to do is use TODAY() in any formula. So to get the date in one year you would use =TODAY() + 365.

Best of luck,

Dave

• austinbaker96
    Options

=DATE(YEAR(TODAY())+1, MONTH(TODAY()), DAY(TODAY()))

This way is a little more flexible, can do with months or days too but here you have format to do any.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!