Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Dynamic View: Show Dates in the local timezone (not in UTC)

When a datetime field is shown in a Dynamic View, it's always shown in UTC ISO-8601 format, that is, YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ.

UTC date time format is not useful for end users, so it should be changed so that it shows in the local user's timezone instead.

Tags:
2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Napassorn
    Napassorn ✭✭✭

My system is also same issue. All Dynamic View date/time format show : YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SSZ.

How to convert and show data/time same the original sheet?

Best regards,

• JonB
    JonB ✭✭

Hi Napassorn,

If you're happy to lose the time value, you can create another date column that references the first column, then include this on your Dynamic View. This is not a good solution though, as you lose the time value, but there's also a question whether the correct date will even be displayed. I'm not sure if the resulting date value also shows in UTC timezone (it probably does, which would be incorrect for your user).

Unfortunately Date columns in smartsheet don't support Time. It's only these special fields (Created Date etc.) which support time, but unfortunately Dynamic View doesn't appear to have the ability to translate UTC into the local user's time setting.

There's some more info here: Date AND Time format — Smartsheet Community

Please upvote this feedback at the top of the page (if you haven't already), so we can get this issue resolved.

Regards,

Jon

• I had the same issue and added a column with a column formula that converts the date/time in the Created column to text. I then display that column in the Dynamic View instead. Formula: =Created@row + ""

Display of the text column in the Dynamic View:

Hope this helps.

• JonB
    JonB ✭✭

Thanks for that KSquared - that is a great solution! I think it should also respect the local timezone too. I'll give it a test and report back if there are any issues. Appreciate you taking the time to post that solution 👍️