Target Completion Date not rolling up and duration is way off

Hi,

I can't for the life of me figure out why a subsection in my project plan is not rolling up the target completion dates and somehow it's going to take over 100,000 days to complete this section. I've unhidden all cells, double checked the dates, the Dependencies look fine... I'm at a loss. The other subsections are updating correctly. Here's some pics. Thoughts?

Answers

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Emily T.

Weird!

I would have a really really close look at all the dates in the column, check that someone hasn't done a typo like 203 instead of 23... something like that.

I'd be more than happy to have a look at this with you on a zoom if you'd like fresh eyes on it?

my email is debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

Kind regards

Debbie

• Hey @Emily T.

How are your dates added to the sheet? Is there any possibility the wrong year was chosen, so it's showing 1923 instead of 2023?

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Emily T.
    Emily T. ✭✭✭✭

Hi!

For whatever reason, when I reput in the 5/1/23 in the first column it fixed my duration date, but the weird thing was that the duration days in the column was showing correct prior to my putting it in again. Must have been a weird glitch. I had reput in the Target Completion Dates but hadn't done the Target Start Date. Thank you for the idea!

Best,

Emily