Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Reports to include new sheets added to folders

It would be nice if any new sheets added to folders after reports are created are automatically added to the report. As is now, I have to manually add new sheets and often forget to do this.

4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this works in your use case, but you can have the source for a report be a folder, and not a specific sheet. Then any sheet added to that folder gets added to the report.

We use this a lot... i actually have portfolio reports pointed to entire workgroups, then filter based on the sheet name (in our case any sheet that has the words "work plan" in its name.

Be advised that it considers every sheet in that folder as connected to the report, even if the filter excludes it. So if there are 5000 sheets in the folder, but your sheet name filter reduces it to 3, it still tells you there are too many sheets. It works, and I havnt had any issues, but its probably not advised to point to a folder with more than the sheet limit.

• Thank you for your comment. I don't name files with any consistent naming convention like that, but can see how that would be a workaround.

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭

One edit to my comment. Apparently you can point it to a workspace and it works as i described. But pointing it to a subfolder does not.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/108796/pulling-report-data-from-a-folder-of-sheets