September Question of the Month 💭 Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• Tabitha W.
    Tabitha W. ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm a bit late to the game as many of my original thoughts have already been identified.

If I'm getting creative my first guest would be Sir David Attenborough. He's a naturalist and documentary filmmaker. My show would be focused on environmental conservation, wildlife, and our planet's beauty.

He has explored the Earth's most remote and fascinating places and it would make for a captivating episode. I would want to discuss the need for environmental conservation, climate change, and connecting with nature.

I would really want to hone in on animals- I love animals (insert heart).

• Juan Panzardo
    Options

If I were to host my own tech talk show, my first guest would be ChatGPT, a state-of-the-art language model by OpenAI. The reason for this unconventional choice is manifold: ChatGPT represents the cutting edge in AI technology, can discuss a wide array of topics with depth, and raises intriguing ethical questions about human-machine interaction and decision-making. Its accessibility also allows for audience engagement, making the show not just informative but interactive.

In summary, having ChatGPT as the inaugural guest would not only be entertaining but incredibly enlightening. It would offer a unique opportunity to explore a range of critical issues that are central to understanding the technological world we live in and where it's headed. 💪

• melissa.garcia
    Options

Nodding to all the Pacific Northwest bands and musicians (where Smartsheet headquarters thrives!), I have always wanted to interview the notorious OG musicians from the riot grrrl movement.

In no particular order, here is who I would have on my show who would be interviewed by Gloria Steinem rather than me conducting the interview:

🖤 Kathleen Hanna (from Bikini Kill, Le Tigre, Julie Ruin)

💜Corin Tucker (Heavens to Betsey, The Corin Tucker Band, Sleater-Kinney)

💙Carrie Brownstein (Sleater-Kinney, Wild Flag, co-creator/producer/writer/director/star of Portlandia)

💚💚Allison Wolfe & Molly Neuman (Bratmobile)

Non-Pacific Northwest riot grrrl musicians to be included:

🧡Beth Ditto (Gossip)

🧡Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

🧡JD Samson (Le Tigre, MEN)

🧡Kate Nash

🧡Lunachicks

• Geo Villa
    Geo Villa ✭✭✭
    Options

If I could host anyone, I would pick Nick Bare. I stumbled with his videos not too long ago when I was going through stressful times with my work. He is the founder of BPN supplements and has motivated me to push my limits. to "Go One More", not just physically but mentally.

If you are struggling with anything, go for a walk or run and never give up!

• Erin Kim
    Erin Kim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would interview my kids, they always have something interesting and out of this world to say. Would be entertaining.

• mroehl
    mroehl ✭✭✭
    Options

It's too hard to give just one...

Work-Related - Gene Kim

Professional Development - Cy Wakeman

Personal Development - Sadhguru

and I'd also have to add Donald Miller, the author of "Blue Like Jazz" - my favorite book of all-time (so far).

Mandie R

Sr Project Manager

BVOP - CPD | CAPM | CBDA | CSM | CSPO | ECBA | SAFe 6

• kelceyg
    kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a tough one..

As the nerdy kid I was, I was obsessed with Queen Elizabeth I. She would be a fascinating guest!

Jane Austen would be another great guest. She received very little recognition of her work during your lifetime, but now she is one of the most famous authors in history.

• Tony Fronza
    Tony Fronza ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tony Bennett! I would love to learn more about his artwork, painting, and highlights from those fabulous years of entertaining people with his captivating voice.

• Martha Hemingway
    Martha Hemingway ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Difficult question to answer.

My first guest would be bringing back Betty White. Such an amazing heart, spirit, energy!

• Trish Dillon
    Trish Dillon ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would have Bill Gates, Paul Allen, Steve Jobs, and Steve Wozniak on a rapid-fire panel answering tough questions. 😁

• Jordan Couto
    Jordan Couto ✭✭
    edited 09/08/23
    Options

If I were the host of a talk show/Podcast, my first guest would likely be a renowned expert in artificial intelligence, Not someone like Elon Musk who will profit off of AI, Someone who really has their hands in the programming, Coding, and understanding of machine learning, someone at the forefront of AI research and development. The choice of this guest is because AI and its implications for society, technology, ethics, and future topics of significant importance and interest.

Having an expert in AI as the first guest would allow us to provide the audience with a deep understanding of what AI is, how it works, and its potential impact on various aspects of our lives. It's an opportunity to educate the public about this rapidly evolving field.

AI raises numerous ethical, societal, and philosophical questions. Hosting an expert would enable us to delve into topics like AI ethics, bias in AI algorithms, job automation, privacy concerns, and the role of AI in healthcare, among others. AI is continually evolving, and there are always new breakthroughs and developments. Having an expert guest would allow us to explore the latest trends, advancements, and their practical applications.

I would also end the podcast with the one question everyone wants to know......Will they try to take over the world and if so how do we "pull the plug"?

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There's a couple routes I would go. Tie down some of the conspiracies with Blackbeard or Captain Kidd and see where they hid the treasure.

Otherwise, Leonardo Da Vinci and figure out where all the concepts came from.

• Kiki_7308
    Kiki_7308 ✭✭✭
    Options

Jimi Hendrix was the first modern famous musician to be said to have synesthesia. He wrote different chords as colors when he didn't know their names? He may have also used different color hues for minor, major, dominant chords? I would love to know more of how he processed thoughts of music composition, tones, journey and creation.

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

I love hearing musicians talk about their process, and combined with synesthesia, this interview sounds even more fascinating. I would be watching your talk show since day 1! 😄

This discussion has been closed.