Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Copying a Form from 1 sheet to the next

I am not sure if this is the correction location to submit this "Enhancement" request. I have a FORM that I have created in multiple (6) sheets that use the same columns, fields, data; and now I have to modify every single form, in each sheet (6 times).

I would like the option to modify it in 1 sheet, and then copy it across multiple sheets; thereby replacing the form in each sheet. When I first created the form, and I create a new sheet, obviously, the Save as New Sheet, the form comes with it (great); but now the Sheets have too much data and I don't want to create a new sheet and copy the data, with the new Form and run the risk of losing anything.

Thank you... Susan

6 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• I would like to have an option to copy the form to be able to edit the copied form without impacting the format of the original document. I recently spent three to four hours to create a form. I needed to duplicate the created form to edit and create a new form with some edits. I was unable to do so.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/13/24

Hi @Hemanth M

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow. You can duplicate a form and edit and make changes to it.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• virgh
    virgh ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello everyone. I've been working with several interns the past 2 months. We have them do work in a 'Test' workspace. Would like to 'copy' the successful/final version of the newly created/updated forms from the 'Test' workspace into the Production workspace. Would love to see a way to do this without having to re-create the new version in the Prod workspace by hand. Thanks!

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer