Smartsheet Workflow template's

Hi - I have posted this question to Support who have advised that there is currently no work around and wondered if anyone within the SS community had a similar requirement and suitable work around?

This is my dilemma. I have created many worksheets (some 60 or so) as well as a workflow 'template' which I would like to use for all of the 60 or so worksheets. The template was an after thought and can be used for newer worksheets, just not the existing set. I would have liked to have the workflow template added to the Workflow Template Gallery so I can select and use when through the 'Automation, Manage Workflows' area in each worksheet however, have been advised this cannot be acheived. As a result, I am having to create any apply the workflow template to each and every individual worksheet, which of course is a very laborious task.

I hope the above makes sense.

Many thanks!

Moster.

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Moster,

You can do this way for the worflow template:

1. Select one of your 60 worksheets and call it a sheet template
    2. Create the workflow in the sheet template as you wish a worflow template
    3. Save the sheet template as a template format by using the "Save as Template" menu
    4. When you want to create a new worksheet, just click on the Template in step 3 then click "Use template"

A new worksheet will be created and the worflow will be included in the automation for you.

For existing worksheets, you need to create new worflows one by one for them.

Hope this helps.

Gia Thinh Technology - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Moster
    Moster ✭✭

Thanks you very much Gia and yes, what you say makes very good sense and we are already employing these ideas.

Thanks again,

Moster.