default formula in hidden field

Options

I need to reference the content from one field in another field on the same row. I want the formula as the Default Value of a hidden field on a form. The formula I'm using is =[Team Member]@row. When a new form is submitted, the field with the formula shows a single quote mark at the beginning, and therefore it's not working.

=[Team Member]@row (default formula in the hidden field)

'=[Team Member]@row (what shows up in the field when the form is submitted)

Any thoughts on how to correct this? Thanks!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Monique_Odom_Comcast
    Monique_Odom_Comcast ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Amy M. K.,

Is there a specific reason you need this to be a hidden field on the form? If you simply need the information on the row, you can make it a column formula so that it will automatically populate after the form is submitted.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Answers

• Monique_Odom_Comcast
    Monique_Odom_Comcast ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Amy M. K.,

Is there a specific reason you need this to be a hidden field on the form? If you simply need the information on the row, you can make it a column formula so that it will automatically populate after the form is submitted.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• Amy M. K.
    Options

Gah! Totally forgot about column formulas. That worked. Clearly I need more coffee. You're my shero for today!!! Thank you.

Save Draft

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!