Not able to view data rows in a Smartsheet I own

When I log into a Smartsheet I own I see a blank page with the column headers and no data. I see the data rows on a browser on my phone, and the people I gave admin access to see all 39 rows of data. I cleared cache, history, etc, from 3 browsers 3 times and restarted my computer 3 times. I also checked permissions and I'm still the owner. I also have access to the data in the other sheets I own, just not the one I need to access today. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @JMPatNU,

Do you by chance have a filter on the sheet that filters rows for the current user? If so, you will only see rows that are assigned to you. If you don't have any rows assigned to you, the sheet or report will look empty. If you turn off that filter, you should see all of the appropriate data.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• JMPatNU
    JMPatNU ✭✭

It doesn't look like there's any filters on this sheet.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 09/08/23

Hi @JMPatNU

Is this the view you're seeing, without any grid lines at all? If so, it seems like there may be something specific on your browser that's interacting with the Smartsheet application in a way that hides the grid.

If it appears properly on a different browser, I would first check browser extensions to see if any of them are interfering. Try following the steps in this article and let us know if it made a difference:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• JMPatNU
    JMPatNU ✭✭

Thanks for the article, but the Smartsheet still isn't loading properly. I have some other Smartsheets that I own that are loading correctly, but I one I actually need the data from still shows the column headers with nothing in the data rows. I'll bug my IT ppl again tomorrow.

• Hi @JMPatNU

What you're describing is definitely strange and unexpected! Especially if everyone else can see that specific sheet and you can see all other sheets, just not this one.

What happens when you create a duplicate sheet with Save as New, can you see the copy?

Are you able to test from a different computer? You noted that it works from your phone so I'm wondering if it's a specific software on your one device that's impacting the sheet, especially as you're seeing the same thing across all browsers.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• JMPatNU
    JMPatNU ✭✭

Save as new is not available on the problem smartsheet that won't display the data (1st screenshot), but it is available on the other sheets I "own" (2nd screenshot).

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just to confirm... Can you show a screenshot of the sharing permissions where you are listed? And have you submitted a support ticket yet?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• JMPatNU
    JMPatNU ✭✭
    edited 09/08/23

Hi Paul - I am still the owner of this one and have also submitted an NU IT request as well. J

• Hey @JMPatNU

I deleted that screen capture as it exposed email addresses and this is a public forum... @Paul Newcome I can confirm that the image showed @JMPatNU as the owner!

I agree that at this point a Support ticket would be best so they can troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Please confirm with them all the steps you tried here, and that you've been through the initial Browser troubleshooting article above already. They will also likely need a screen recording of the difference between that sheet and other sheets, as well as the sheet URL.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/08/23

This is certainly rather perplexing. I have been following it since you originally posted it but am at a loss on this one. And we can't check sharing in published views, so that's definitely not it...

EDIT:

Also note... You did share email addresses in your screenshot. You may want to edit your post to replace it with a screenshot with those blocked out, or you can remove the image all together since we have confirmed that piece.

This is a public forum, so I don't know if having those email addresses there could be an issue or not.

@Genevieve P. Thanks! We were on the same page and typing at the same time. Haha.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Haha I got it, @Paul Newcome 👀

• JMPatNU
    JMPatNU ✭✭

Greetings again - what's the next step to get this resolved? There's a lot of important information on here that I had to figure out a bunch of work arounds to get to and download onto our shared drive (not the point of smartsheet) and rely on the other people that I gave admin access to. Thanks. J

• Hi @JMPatNU

The next step is to open a ticket with our Support Team - there's a link to the Support Portal where you can do this on the main Get Help page, here.

It would be best if you could provide them with a screen recording of what you're seeing, showing it on multiple browsers and that this only happens for one sheet.

Please confirm with them all the steps you tried here, and that you've been through the initial Browser troubleshooting article above already.

In the meantime, if you can, create a Copy from the main Workspace to see if the copy allows you access to the data:

Or, ask one of the Admins to create a copy and share it with you.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• JMPatNU
    JMPatNU ✭✭

The "save as new" function is greyed out on the blank smartsheet screenshot above.

• Hey @JMPatNU

Is it greyed out when you access the sheet from the Workspace or Folder that it's in, versus from within the sheet?