Dashboard Sharing to all staff without licenses

I have used the project portfolio management suite to start tracking on projects and I am wanting to use the dashboard to create org-wide visibility into the work. I would like for people to be able to click into each project and see details, without editing rights (so these are links from the portfolio dashboard); however, I am hoping to not have to publish each project every time as that feels time consuming.

Is publishing each item I want people to view the only way to create visibility to all staff?

Or if I make a workspace view only, is there a way to easily publish the workspace to all staff?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would either have to continue publishing and share the published link, or you can create a user group that contains all of these people and share the group to the item(s) with view only permissions. Then when someone else needs visibility, you just need to add them to the group, and they will automatically be shared as a viewer to the item(s).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You would either have to continue publishing and share the published link, or you can create a user group that contains all of these people and share the group to the item(s) with view only permissions. Then when someone else needs visibility, you just need to add them to the group, and they will automatically be shared as a viewer to the item(s).

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Thank you Paul, that's what I was thinking...trying to figure out the less laborious and IT dependent path. If I share a workspace to all desired users, and then publish the dashboard to Sharepoint would that give the group the access to the links in the dashboard without having to go to the workspace directly?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As long as the links on the dashboard all go to items in that workspace that you shared the group to then yes. That should work.

10xViz.com