Automation not Automating!

Options

Hello.

I'm using the Smartsheet Individual Productivity Hub template and I can't get the Completed Tasks automated workflow to work.

I've checked the automation and the condition is set that if the status is changed to complete, the action is to move the rows to another sheet. The destination sheet has been set.

But, when I change an action to complete, nothing happens. If I got and manually run the workflow, it moves all rows.

What am I missing?!

Thanks in advance.

Katie

Tags:

Best Answer

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @KatieDi

You have to set a condition so only the rows with the Status complete will move to the next sheet.

At the moment, because there is no condition, when a row changes to Complete, it will move all rows over to the other sheet.

Try adding a condition like that, Where Status... has any of... completed.

This should solve the problem.

The move rows automation sometimes takes a minute or two so try and save the page, leave and open it again.. usually works for me.

Hope that helps!

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @KatieDi

You have to set a condition so only the rows with the Status complete will move to the next sheet.

At the moment, because there is no condition, when a row changes to Complete, it will move all rows over to the other sheet.

Try adding a condition like that, Where Status... has any of... completed.

This should solve the problem.

The move rows automation sometimes takes a minute or two so try and save the page, leave and open it again.. usually works for me.

Hope that helps!

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• KatieDi
    KatieDi ✭✭
    Options

Amazing Itai, thank you.

That was all it needed and it's now working.

Thank you for coming back to me so quickly.

Have a great day. 😀

Katie

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!