Automated Workflows-Moving items between sheets

I have a master sheet revenue sheet with line items for each item the customer purchased. These items are all grouped by their order number.

There is a column labeled Revenue Recognized. I created a workflow to move items where the revenue-recognized status is closed to another sheet. However, when I ran this workflow it moved everything. I am assuming its because I have the items grouped by order and with in the order some items are recognized while others are not.

Does anyone know if there is a way to move some items in the group to a new sheet?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ErinHell

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, but you would have to add a so-called helper sheet that replicates the structure of the main one but without the parent/children feature. You'd then have that sheet move the rows between the sheets.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mike Ferringer
    Mike Ferringer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi ErinHell. If your items are grouped under the Order Number as children, all child rows (regardless of their closed status) will move to the new sheet when the parent row is marked "Closed".

Child rows marked "Closed" will move individually as long as the parent row (Order Number) is not "Closed"

Hope this helps a bit.