How do I customize the Strategic Plan template so the project request form attaches to a project tas

Options
TaiLove
TaiLove ✭✭
edited 09/11/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I need assistance customizing the Strategic Plan template to the needs of my department. I don't understand how the project request sheet connects to the project A & B Task sheet. I created a form for the team to submit their strategic initiatives for approval. Once a strategic initiative a approved, how does it auto create Task sheet that connects to the initial strategy submitted?

Answers

• TaiLove
    TaiLove ✭✭
    Options

How do I customize the Strategic Plan template so the project request form attaches to a project task list sheet?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@TaiLove

The Strategic Plan template set shows how you are able to structure an intake sheet, a portfolio metric sheet to update dashboards and reports automatically.

The creation of the Project Sheet (Project Sheet A, Project Sheet B etc) is a manual process. You will need to manually right click on the Project Sheet that you would like to use, Save As New, (Personally I'd remove the data) Rename the sheet as appropriate then save.

Then you capture the URL for the new sheet (File - Properties - copy the link to the sheet) and turn the data in the column called Column Description into a hyperlink, using the URL you just captured.

Any cells that you want to link to from the Project Request Sheet to your new Project sheet will need to be inserted manually.

If you want to automate this process, then reach out to me as we have an app that will automate this for you, but it isn't something that Smartsheet can do on its own. Alternatively you can research Smartsheet Control Center which will autoprovision template sets from an approved intake sheet.

I hope this helps explain a little.

Kind regards

Debbie Sawyer - Chief Smartsheet Solutions Officer (CSSO)