Can you have Smartsheet automatically email the PDF that is created with Generate Document

Options
Danielle O'Connell
Danielle O'Connell ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 09/12/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi there,

I'm working on some automated workflows that I would like to generate a PDF document with field information and email it to a contact in a cell. I don't want to go through the effort of building a PDF with fillable fields if the workflow function to generate the fields in the document cannot send this document as well.

Appreciate any help!

Best Answer

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Danielle O'Connell Hi, yes it can be done. It all depends on how you setup the sheet meaning which column(s) could act as your trigger and or condition. For example upon receipt of a new entry thru a Form, it triggers the generation of the doc. If you have a status column then it can be a hidden field in the Form with a default status so it triggers the workflow. Have another workflow that triggers when an attachment is added, you may want to add a condition so it's not trigger every time a file is added but it all depends on the sheet purpose and setup. Last, select the right automation permissions so the notification reaches those contact(s)

Answers

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Danielle O'Connell Hi, yes it can be done. It all depends on how you setup the sheet meaning which column(s) could act as your trigger and or condition. For example upon receipt of a new entry thru a Form, it triggers the generation of the doc. If you have a status column then it can be a hidden field in the Form with a default status so it triggers the workflow. Have another workflow that triggers when an attachment is added, you may want to add a condition so it's not trigger every time a file is added but it all depends on the sheet purpose and setup. Last, select the right automation permissions so the notification reaches those contact(s)