Automation is not able to send attachments in the email.

Options
Kavish
Kavish ✭✭
edited 09/13/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Can Hello everyone,

Can someone please help me with this issue. We have sheet that is tracking some testing scripts and some of these rows have an attachment which is basically a sign off form. The ideal automation would be that when the script approval status turns to "Approved' the WF should check the filed that tells us if the sign of form is needed or not for that particular row. If the sign of form needed field says 'yes' the email is send out to the recipients saying the script is approved and also giving them the sign off form as an attachment in the same email to have them sign it.

Please note - attachments are already linked to that row that says sign off form is needed.

Please see below for my current WF -

1. Trigger set to when rows are changed.
  2. Condition set to where 'Script requires a sign off' is 'yes' as not all scripts need that.
  3. Request an update selected with 'Specific fields' and have selected 'An Attachment' too.

P.S. I guess the photos are in a reverse order.

Please help me with this issue as I am stuck on it for 2 days. Thank you so much community!

Best Answer

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Kavish,

Is the document the same? If so, you can have SS generate a document that the person will actually be able to esign. You will need to change your sheet a little bit but I think that's the best coarse of action.

In addition, requesting an update with the attachment added on it should send the updater the attachment field which will have the attachments there. They will just need to manually grab it before submitting otherwise they will lose access to it.

• Kavish
    Kavish ✭✭
    Options

Hello and good morning @Eric Law thank you for your reply. If you are asking about the sign off document, no that is a different document attached to the individual rows for scripts that do require a sign off. Our goal is to send that document in the email notification that goes out once the script status is changed to approved (That is also the trigger). Yes, as you can see above, I do have the 'Request and Update' automation set up, but the attachment never comes in the email, rest everything shows up. Could you please explain why? I appreciate your help sir!

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/13/23 Answer ✓
    Options

@Kavish are they clicking into the Open Request link? Once you click on that link, a web browser will pop up and THERE is where they can grab the document.

• Kavish
    Kavish ✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Eric Law. This was so silly at my end; I was anticipating the form as an actual attachment on the email. Thank you so much! Hope you have a great day!