Report from a planner - filters

I have a large planner with several colleagues making edits (helps spread the workload).

I created a report so that I could see for the current week, what rows were edited and by whom.   

I applied a filter to narrow down the date range of modification but the result is a page full of nearly the whole planner!

1. The filter should only show from 09/11/23 – 09/13/23      but you can see below it is showing dates outside of this range.
  2. There are a large number of rows showing as modified on the same date at exactly the same time.   I can only assume that if a row is inserted, every row below it flags as modified making this report pretty useless.

Can you address both points please?  Or perhaps there is a better way to achieve my goal?

Tags:

Answers

• Jon Mark H
    Jon Mark H ✭✭✭✭✭

@SWARMY

Hey! A couple of questions for clarification.

Do you have any column formulas in the sheet that may be updating these rows automatically?

Or do you have any automations which are running which could be updating these rows automatically?

Usually if I've had trouble with the "Modified Date" that's why.

If you do have one of those running, or this continues to be an issue - I would recommend setting up an automation which does a date stamp in each row, based on an action (e.g. "Status" is changed to "Complete"), or something that would show action that week, then filter by that column instead.

(To make it one step further so you don't have to modify the dates to the current week, you could do a formula like this in a Checkbox column:

=IF(WEEKNUMBER(DATEONLY(Modified@row)) = WEEKNUMBER(TODAY()), true, false)

Then filter for if the checkbox is checked in this row

(obviously if you have a formula updating your rows on the regular, then have this formula look at that date stamp column I mentioned above)

Let me know if that solves your problem or if you have any issues or questions!

-Jon

• SWARMY
    SWARMY ✭✭

thanks for your response.

The only column with a formular added by me is my Successors column, but data in those cells would only change if a row is inserted or removed, otherwise, it stays static. Could this be the cause?

I will try automation date stamp - do I apply this to the report or the sheet?

• Jon Mark H
    Jon Mark H ✭✭✭✭✭

@SWARMY

I wouldn't think that would effect it, but yeah if it's not clear do the automation date stamp.

You'll apply the automation in the sheet & then it will automatically effect the report as well.

Let me know if you need any further assistance!

-Jon