Web Content Widget Not Working

I am using a web content widget with an embed link from a report. The report is correctly filtering tasks to the current user. Howevever, the web content widget will only display tasks that are assigned to the owner of the sheet(s) in the report. So for example we have Person X and Person Y. Person X has 2 assigned tasks and Person Y is the sheet ownder with 0 assigned tasks. Person X will see 2 tasks on the report and 0 on the dashboard with the web content widget. If we add Person Y to 1 of the 2 tasks, then Person X sees the task on the widget. Any ideas on the fix here or is this just a smartsheet bug with no work around?

I understand I can use the report widget but my users really like the calendar view which cannot be displayed using that (only grid/gantt).

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately what you are looking for isn't exactly possible. The published link cannot track who is viewing it and as such cannot determine "Current User".

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Not using a publish link. Sharing the dashboard with users so they access it using their login.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

To get a report in a web content widget, you have to use a published link to the report. Or are you using a report widget?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• We are using the web content widget with the report embed link. It was working fine when we initially set it up and correctly filtering tasks but recently broke and unsure why. It looks like we will need to fall back to just using the shared report as our rollup since the widget is not working as intended. We had an open ticket where they recommended ensuring report and associated sheets are all shared properly which simply broke it more as now the report shows tasks and the dashboard is empty of tasks