Change ownership of sheets in "Transferred from ....."

Hello,

I, as administrator, have mistakenly transferred all the sheets of a licensed user to the administrator account (= licensed user). These sheets end up in a folder named "Transferred from (email address source accounr)".

It seems that there is no single possible action to transfer these sheets back to the original owner.

Thank you for your advice.

Best regards,

Danny Lambrechts

+32494535371

danny.lambrechts@uhasselt.be

Request: Undo the action whereby ownership of all the sheets of account "smartsheet.GLW@uhasselt.be" have been transferred to account "admin.smartsheet@uhasselt.be"

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @danny.lambrechts17161

I hope you're well and safe!

The simplest way would be to ask the original owner to drag that folder over to their sheets folder, and then they become the owner again.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• danny.lambrechts17161
    edited 09/19/23

Hello Andrée,

Just dragging that folder seems not to be enough. The ownership does not change. A process of transfer of ownership and approval needs to be performed as well and as it seems sheet per sheet which is in this circumstance not achievable. I sincerely hope there is way this ownership transfer can be performed in bulk as it is done when a license is retracted from user and content is or can be transferred to another account in bulk.

Regards,

Danny

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@danny.lambrechts17161

It should work (if nothing has changed since I did it last), but it has to be the intended owner who drags it out of a workspace.

Make sense?

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.