Automated Workflows - Summarize Changes in Sheet

Hi there,

I am playing around in Smartsheets and I would like to send a weekly summary to stakeholders that include specific relevant columns that are static (i.e.. will always show up in the email) PLUS show any column values that were changed in the row. Is this possible?

I tried using the advanced option to select fields I want to include but the email notification only showed those selected fields and not the columns that were changed in the sheet.

Any ideas? The idea is to have a fixed set of fields that show in the email as well as any changes.

Answers

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭

I have implemented something like this for a client and it requires a bit more sophistication based on my understanding of what you are trying to do.

What we did to accomplish this is we do daily extractions across all of the sheets into a local database. Then we can run comparisons on any interval. Compare snapshot from today vs. 2 weeks etc.

In my client's case we created a custom application so that users could view this information but you could accomplish the email idea without as much complexity.

Ryan

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!