Looking for Invoice tracker and/or Purchase Order tracking template

Options

I inherited a sheet that I'm trying to redesign. We have multiple purchase orders (PO) with multiple invoices applied to each PO. Once an individual invoice is paid by accounting, we want to mark the row "complete" and move the row to an archive sheet. The PO needs to continue to reside on the original sheet so that additional invoices can be applied to it.

I've thought of having a master sheet with reports that filter on current information.

I have searched Smartsheet templates but have not found any that meet my needs. Any ideas out there in the community?

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Cathy Betzer

Maybe consider each row as a transaction so the same PO number could reside on multiple rows, each with a different invoice number. When the invoice is paid either a checkbox or status column could be changed by accounting indicating the transaction is complete. Using automation the row could move to the archvie sheet. Then have another sheet, like a metric sheet, that lists all the PO numbers in one column and all the Paid Invoice amounts (pulling from the Archive sheet) in another column, and the Unpaid Invoice amounts (pulling from the Active sheet). Then you could build a table or graphs and stuff off that Metric sheet and display it on a dashboard. I think a SUMIF would do it in each of the 2 Invoice amount columns. Depending on the frequency of new POs the upkeep could get challenging. If you have Datamesh though it'd be a one time set up. But you could then do month over month graphs and overdue invoices by timeframes like 30/60/90 day totals.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'll have to think some about your idea. Sounds good. I am surprised that there is not a template already built in Smartsheet. Thank you for this suggestion.