Help with a calendar

I used the Annual Calendar by Day template to create a calendar for my team to keep track of everything we must do. I need help trying to get things to show on the Calendar View. We have programs that span over multiple days (see LEAD that is starred) and would like them to show up as one long bar spanning the days vs individual days. We would also like the times to be added as well and I'm not sure how to do that. Any help would be appreciated!

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mrseibt

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd have to add two Date Columns and change the settings. Try something like this.

To include more information, you can use the JOIN function or similar to combine more data in the Primary Column.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• mrseibt
    mrseibt ✭✭✭

I was able to get it to go across multiple days as you suggested, so thank you for that! My issue now, is how do I do the JOIN function in my Primary column? My Program column is my primary, so we type out the names of the programs there, I'm not sure how to add the JOIN function there.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @mrseibt

You'll need to use a different column to type out your Program Names into - then you can just the JOIN function in your Primary Column, referencing this other Program Name column.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• mrseibt
    mrseibt ✭✭✭

Thank you both for the help. This was frustrating me that I couldn't figure it out.