Report not pulling formatting from source sheets

Eagle
Eagle
edited 07/09/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I can't seem to figure out why the formatting in place on the source sheets we are using are NOT pulling into some of the reports we've created. Works on some but not others. Everything I'm reading says that formatting in a report is based on the formatting in the source sheet. I've looked at other reports that are working correctly (pulling formatting) and can't determine why there may be an issue. Any suggestions?

Tags:

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/04/23

Hi @Eagle ,

Could you share a screenshot of the source sheet and Report, even if you blur out any sensitive data?

Formatting does pull from the source sheets, and no formatting options are at the Report-level.

There are a couple exceptions to note.

If you're displaying Reports on a Dashboard, you have the option to "Remove Formatting" for the Report Widget.

This is something you cannot see from the source grid: If you use conditional formatting, and select "all sheets" for the formatting to be applied to, and have the Sheet Name column selected in your Report; that column will be formatted along with the rest of the row. If you've manually selected all the cells in a row without using conditional formatting; the Sheet Name column would not be formatted along with the rest of the row.