Charts in Dashboard only displaying 1 row

Rather than displaying the sum of my columns, the chart only displays one row—anyone know how I could fix this?

So for instance, the "Breckenridge" sum should be 72, not 70.

Answers

• Howdy partner,

It looks like your chart is pulling from row 2 versus the summary row. Check out Moab.

• @Maximilian de Arriz it is! But do you know how I change that?

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I believe it's showing both rows.

You may choose to use a metric sheet instead of a report due to the way it's setup. Use Cross-Sheet references to do your counts. Here's the formula I used against each of the categories (Status) below as example: =COUNTIF({OverallStatus}, Status@row)

I highlighted these categories and values:

To get this chart which by default was a bar chart like yours until I changed it:

Hope that helps!

BRgds,

-Ray

• Maximilian de Arriz
    edited 10/05/23

@gracieenglebert I was going to show the thing as Ray for some tables I made. IE, a sperate summary sheet which counts the fields you want displayed on your graph using a count if statement.

Alternatively, you might not need a separate sheet if you use the summary tool in your primary sheet.

Check this out:

On the right hand side of your main sheet you'll see a summary tab, shown in blue below, there you can add your search statement, be it a count if, avg if, or sum if.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/05/23

@Maximilian de Arriz,

Hello :)

I'm intrigued by this statement:

"Alternatively, you might not need a separate sheet if you use the summary tool in your primary sheet.

Check this out:

On the right hand side of your main sheet you'll see a summary tab, shown in blue below, there you can add your search statement, be it a count if, avg if, or sum if."

Do you mind explaining how you would then create a graph from the data in the Sheet Summary fields?

Thank you!

-Ray

• Sure thing, below I have made a countif (example: =COUNTIF([Proof Status]:[Proof Status], "Requires Changes") equation for the proofing status column in my main workflow document. See below.

From there I would make a summary report of my sheet with the summary data.

The summary report brings the summary equations in as columns.

And then I would suggestion producing a graph using that data.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/05/23

Thank you for clarifying! I see now that you're speaking "in theory", and not based off having completed such a task.

I use the helper sheet for doing what you're explaining. Reason being in a Report created from Sheet Summary fields, you cannot select the column headings to use as one of your axes. You need values to select for x and y axes.

Basically... If you only select values for the totals, you won't have anything selected for the categories. Because of this, I don't believe you can accomplish a dashboard chart based off a Sheet Summary Report.

You can see my selection above shows 2 columns worth of data. It could be 2 rows and several columns, or it can be like I did where there's 2 columns and several rows. Either way it must be 2 dimensional.