Send Automation requesting update until conditions are met

Options

I would prefer for it to send a notification until the conditions are met starting on a Wednesday at 9AM and only stop once a date that falls within that week in the Update Date field is applied. Is it possible to set up a condition that way?

I set up the following workflow and when I ran it for testing I didn't appear to work as I never got an email and I am the Project Manager listed on that page. For now, the condition is if the date is in the past then it should request an update and that would also suffice.

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I actually think you have this backwards. The automation is looking for the Update Date to be in the past, but I think you actually want it to be in the future.

If the goal is for an automation to send out until the Update Date is reached, then you will want it to send out every Wednesday as long as the Update Date is in the future. When it flips to being in the past, you want it to stop.

I think that will work.

• BethWork
    BethWork ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @David Tutwiler I'm not sure that accomplishes what I'm hoping. I essentially want an message to send out reminding someone to update their status tracker if the date doesn't fall within the current week. That's why I was choosing the "in the past". Maybe there's another way to go about it.

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

What are the bounds for when you want someone to receive this notification? Is it every Wednesday every week except the current week of the Update Request? For example

If the date is 10/6/2023 should they get an alert on 9/20/2023, 9/27/2023, no alert on 10/4/2023, but then be alerted again starting on 10/11/2023?

I'm just trying to understand the exact times you want people to receive a notification and when you don't want them to receive one.