My Smartsheet Contacts...

Options
kowal
kowal Overachievers Alumni

I can see it's not possible to import the contacts to Smartsheet using the CSV file.

I exported all the employees of my company to CSV file and cut it into pieces so each has less than 1000 records.

However when I try to import it to my contacts in Smartsheet - nothing happens - no error window.

Can you help?

Tags:

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@kowal The only time that I have experienced that issue is when I had extra fields in the sheet. Here are the steps for importing: https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/get-started/contacts

If you try doing a single line import does the issue persist?

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni
    Options

I think there is recently some issue with this import feature.

I made some testing and tried to import old csv files that went without issues few months back and those do not work.

Name,E-mail Address

Ömer Yusuf Sorhun,omer.yusuf@xxx.com

Ferdi Tatlısu,ferdi.tatlisu@xxx.com

Arif Yılmaz,arif.yilmaz@xxx.com

Cansel Şencan,cansel.sencan@xxx.com

here are the first 5 lines of my csv files.

• Ginger Mason
    Options

I had the same issue importing a CSV. The Smartsheet team suggested I check the email addresses for an extra space after the email as this resolved another user's issues.

I reviewed my list and discovered two rows were missing an email address. Once I fixed the missing emails, the import worked.

Good luck!