Field Master document & best practices
Can you help? I'm trying to figure out how best to document a Field Master sheet that tracks field availability & logic (business rules) for a Salesforce CPQ implementation.
- Quote Type (~15) -> Currently multiselect column
- Quote Path (Original Quote, Amendment from existing Contract, Amendment from Contract in a different tool; currently not all are applicable to all Quote Types) -> Currently multiselect column
- Entered by User Role (~3) -> Currently a single column
Fields: Currently 1 column for each
- Field Name appearing on Quote page (many apply to all Dimensions; some apply to only combinations of the above Dimensions)
- Read Only / Edit Permissions (vary by User Role)
- Logic (besides Dimension dependent, can be dependent on stage of quote and other rules)
Exports from Salesforce have not been effective in setting this up, so we are trying to document this manually in a Smartsheet sheet. Are there any helpful templates or best practices that can support these types of rules / hierarchy without requiring the sheet to "explode" into 100+ columns?
Goal is to keep this in one sheet and create reports to show applicable fields & their rules for the different Quote Types & Quote Paths, as well as for Developers to use this to understand which fields should appear based on the various rules defined.