Summary Rows not updating / Issues with Target Start and End Dates

Hi, new Smartsheet user here!

I am attempting to create a "v1" project management solution for my company's PM process. I have integrated it into the Project Management Office (PMO) Template Set.

I have modified the Project Plan tasks to match our project management tasks, but have run into 2 issues:

1) The summary row data is not updating automatically based on the indented data in its section below. One of the onboarding videos said it would, but it's not.

2) The "Target Start Date" and "Target End Date" fields were removed when I added new rows for new tasks. How do I get these back? I believe they should map to the Start/End Date of the project at the time the Project Plan is created, and not change after that? I think the Target Start/End Date is where I'm most confused when learning how to use this template.

I'm sure I'll have other questions but I think thats a good place to start :) Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Dave

Answers

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭

would need access to the sheet to see whats going on. what date columns for start and end date do you have in the gantt setup options? These are the ones that will rollup automatically. Min start to max end.

• Thank you for the reply!

Here are the settings I'm using:

And Gantt Timescale settings:

You can see below what I'm referring to in the Target Start Date and Target End Date. Shouldn't the sections with the gray background "roll up" the data from the section below with no background? You can see that's not happening here (incorrect "roll up" data in the last 4 columns).

Thank you for your help!

Dave

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Dave_PTP I think that the dependency wasn't checked when both target start and target end dates were populated. do you think that might've happened?