multiple fields in Smartsheet form

I need to create a form that the user can inform at least 5 suppliers name, e-mail and phone number and find a way to make those infos visible in a separate sheet.

I wonder If the contacts appear as child rows under a parent row (the request ID generated by form received) in the Sheet that will control the received forms that may works but I don’t know if it’s possible and how.

I appreciate any help or insights that you may have.

Answers

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique Overachievers

The times that I have had to build something out like this, this is what I’ve done:

The form would have a question at the beginning that asks “How many suppliers are included in your submission?”. This would be a single-select dropdown column so they would choose the appropriate number from the list.

Then, based on which number they select, you would build logic in the form so a unique Name, Email, and Phone field will pop up for each individual supplier they indicated. These would each be unique columns in the sheet, so you’d have Name 1, Email 1, Phone 1, Name 2, Email 2, Phone 2, and so on.

Each form submission would come in as one row with the same ID number.

My recommendation would be to then you create a helper column titled something like “Supplier Information” that features a formula to combine all of the unique supplier fields into one cell so the user would not have to scroll through a long row in order to gather the information for each supplier.

You could then make a report, instead of a sheet, that features just the two columns Row ID and the helper supplier contact box OR, set up a sheet pulling those same fields using cross-sheet references.

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!