Form has a "contact" field, but not ALL contacts appear in the drop down for all users.

Ami Veltrie
Ami Veltrie ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 10/20/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have an Update Request (Form) that contains a Contact column. When typing a user name into the Form, I can see all contacts (suggestions in dropdown) but other users cannot.

Also, on that same sheet, there's a second Form that contains a Contact column. The users can see all contacts on that Form.

How is this possible?

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ami Veltrie

One possible reason for this issue is that someone might have removed the "preferred contacts" from your contact list column. Have you checked if the "preferred contacts" are still there?

When your form displays suggestions to other users, it typically relies on the presence of "preferred contacts" that should have been set up when the form was initially created. However, if the "preferred contacts" are missing from the contact column, the update request won't display suggestions to others, even though the form still does.

The suggestions you're seeing could be coming from your "My Smartsheet Contacts." "My Smartsheet Contacts" can differ from user to user, so what you see as suggestions might not be visible to other users.😃

• Ami Veltrie
    Ami Veltrie ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/23/23

@jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp

Hello.

We have over 2000 users so we don't add them to the column's 'preferred contact' list. Instead, when accessing the Form, the suggestions pull from all users on our plan. Regarding column "B", I can see them all but other users cannot.

Regarding column "A", those other users CAN see all the contacts.

Why would two columns on the same sheet behave differently?

• Hey @Ami Veltrie

Can you double click the Contact Columns to see what values have been associated with each column?

Contact fields in Forms will show the values selected as part of the column properties. If none are selected, it will be a free-text field where emails will need to be typed in (versus selected from a pre-determined list). Please feel free to add your vote and voice to this Product Idea: Update Contact Form Submission

If you're seeing options on a field that has no values, is it possible that your Browser has auto-fill suggestions for Forms in general? You may see suggested options if you've tested filling in the Form before.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now